Friday, July 13, 2007

The Willow and I

Weeping Willow don’t weep alone.
For we hear the same melancholic tone,
We both had the same illusion of choice,
We both heard the same tortured voice.

People exploit your warm shadow,
When the autumn winds linger and mellow.
In your cooling shade do they dwell,
When the Eye in Heaven burns like Hell.

But once their woes have passed,
No matter how meek or vast,
They quickly abandon your flanks
Without gratitude, without thanks.

I walked in depression, under you one night,
My mind hung blank- without a light.
You cast one arm to touch my head
I felt your comfort without a word being said

Weak ones hide in your orifice
Weeping willow, you put yourself as sacrifice.
So others may benefit and flourish,
So others may gain sustenance and be nourished.

Weeping Willow I hear your cry,
You live to serve till the day you die.
Others may come and go as they may,
But with you I’m here to stay.

Weeping Willow don’t weep alone,
There are places in the world that are for our own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home