Monday, November 15, 2004

Age & Wisdom

Some say that ones age reflects ones wisdom. I used to adopt that concept but after overwhelming odds against me, I had my doubts but after I myself be a witness..I have abandoned that concept. before I go on, heres the conclusion- age does NOT reflect wisdom. as some of you might know, my birthday just passed, and i dont feel any wiser.. maybe the change is graduate, as in, as years passed it collectively accumulates ones "wisdom". i might not feel the change (though i want to believe there is. ;-p) over just a short period of one year.

At 12:02am. i was watching tv in cmc common room when my sister called, and i said "shat, another splinter.." and indeed it was, she said she had forgotten to bring her key from her friends place and asks me to go back just to open the door for her. it was raining very heavily.i grunted resisted and finally reluctantly left cmc and ran back home. Aloy and Jerry were like, "ok, i follow you la~" it felt weird but what the heck..let them come.. then when i approaced my building,behind a curtain of rain, i saw a girl with a jacket and guess what? - SHORT SHORTS. it was weird to behold because it was freezing. but, im home to open the doors for her, not give her a comment or two in fashion. i went upstairs together with Aloy, Jerry and my sister, opened the door and immediatly i sensed another presense- my room door was wide open, revealing the grotesque inside. and for the first time, i was disgusted by my own bedroom! then a few people suddenly lunged at me from my sisters bedroom while i was deep in my thoughts. they screamed a familiar phrase "happy birthday!".then they tossed a giant blue bag at me which later i discovered to be a bean bag (always wanted one..now the problem, where to set it down?hmmm..) my jaw dropped wide open. surprised but, delighted. =) Deesha, Emily, Eric (which said he wanted to go home earlier and i believed he did), Pei Ni (who had stomach problems earlier that night)were hiding in my sisters room. Everything, like a magically enchanted jigsaw puzzle, pieced themselves together. all the weird stuffs happening earlier that day (the sudden dissapearence of everyone) is beggining to make sense now. This is a birthday surprise that REALLY catched me off guard. =)

Such a Wonderful day, brought together by:

Deesha, the mastermind? hehe thanks =)
Devo, drink Corona! with lemon of course...
Aloy, Thanks for the Fable! its cool but i need time for that one,maybe later k? hope you dont mind?hehe
Thank You Angel, a VERY lovely t-shirt now hangs in my wardrobe =)
PEi Ni, thanks for the Tequila and all the lemons in your fridge! will get it back for you ya?
Thanks for the controllers Eric had supplied us to save Earth
Jerry for running around in the rain with me with his baG with broken strap!and grenading us to pieces!
George as a great Spartan
Vanessa for the sick bday card!yucks**but thank you.
Xiao Yun, you also contributed in the bean bag ya?thank you and get well soon!
and all the others who had wished me well, i wish the same to you all!

...you guys shouldnt have spent so much on me...

Somehow, my lightbulb no longer shines with its previous obsolete powersource. it runs on the happiness of you guys now.

Thanks for bringing the light back into my life guys. =>
as for me, i will try to be wiser k?but considering i dont know what a kitchen towel is, id reckon i have a long way to go..
To all FEb-bies and Julies- GOOD HUNTING IN YOUR EXAMS~!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mz said...

am happy dat u had a good birthday. have not been havin a very good time with u since the last time we talked. sorry for watever wrongdoings dat i've done, the harsh tones i've used n the inappropriate words and phrases i've said. forgive me for not being a good enough sis to u. glad dat we were able to discuss about things at the same level, in equal. thx for being urself n helpin me grow. i hope i'm helpin u grow too. luvya lotz bro.. all the best for ur exams..

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home