Thursday, June 01, 2006

I Shit You Not

The sky was dark.

After parting ways with Peter, Line and Tine, I was walking home from the Library. I took the route that was shortest, along Regent Street.

After the 1st hill, I noticed a shadow that branches out not from under my feet, so my 1st guess was there was someone walking behind me that I wasn’t aware of before, since I always turn on my mp3 player quite loudly.

And I often sing along with the songs playing from it. So it would be quite embarrassing if I did that with someone so close behind me.

Just to make sure, I glanced back towards my right and didn’t see anyone, so I glanced back from the left.

What I saw… completely stumped me.

Instinctively I stopped walking. Because I was looking a myself, an exact copy of me.

He (me) looked up and was just as surprised to see me as I am to see him. He stopped dead at his tracks too.

He was wearing the exact configuration that I was wearing, pink polo, adidas jacket, acid jeans…

There was a brief static between the two of us, I stared straight into his eyes and questioned his existence in my mind. As if he could read them, he relaxed from the bewilderment…

…and smiled at me.

Just about then a car climbing up the hill started its descent, its head lights scanned from top to bottom. As the beams cast itself upon my doppelganger, where the yellow lights touched the image… it…desintegrated.. into the thin frozen air.

Just as the car’s nose hit the lowest point where the lights could shine no further down, my image disappeared completely.

And I was left alone once again in the dark.

I really don’t know what this encounter could possibly mean…

Am I supposed to be afraid? Because I am not…not yet at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home