Sunday, August 05, 2007

Sunday

A loud crack echoed through my relatively empty house as I unhinge the sliding door to its harness, as it rolled open i could feel the cold air outside entering into my room through me. the surge was bitter but at the same time rejuvenating, too long have I been harbouring myself in the warm air, spoiled and rotten by it to the point i no longer remember the harshness of the world outside.

i put one bare feet out onto the cold weather washed tiles, then the other. I could feel the chill seeping in between my toes, my heels and up my thighs. Only by Sliding my feet into a pair of slippers had the syphon stopped.

A cup of hot espresso in my right hand an a fine cut between my index and middle finger on the left, i inhaled, then washed the ash down with the contents of the mug on my right hand. it was a dark but awakening indulgence. for a split second i had a moment of clarity, a moment of inginuity, but that Great Feeling left as quickly as it came.

Pockets of cold air rushed through my oily hair from time to time, Winter is letting its grip slip after these few long months, and the time of Spring is nigh.

I looked up into the sky which was painted in a collage of grey by the rolling clouds; they are never still in this part of the world. Spots of blue littered the heavenly canvas, trying to break free from the clutches of the Rain God, trying to exert its presence. We all know that for a fact, but even the omni-present sky yields to the rain clouds from day to day, and all too often.

Trees and foliage sway from end to end, beginning to beginning, singing along with the God's dark ochestra, but I do not blame them-they cannot tell gale from breeze; they dance as long as there is melodic force moving them.

but we, blessed by the curse of sight know better... or do we?

Often we make mistakes, mistakes more obvious than wrong telling the differece between light and dark, but that cannot be helped. The human race is a stubborn one. When given the choice to choose, or even recommended a path to take, we take the other road -the one not taken...

...not by many at least...

2 Comments:

Blogger Daphne said...

Ah, yes..the road not taken by many..

The road to woolworths with a hole in your wallet!

:P

5:23 PM  
Blogger Killl_Roy said...

Cardless, Cashless, Careless me :(

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home