Friday, October 03, 2008

That Yellow Commodore

A few days back i drove to woolies to get some groceries after a lecture. Pulling up into the carpark, i saw an empty slot on the left, so i drove forward abit, and prepared for a reverse-park manuever.

After the park was complete, i gave the handbrake a good yank, since mine doesnt work that well, looked out the window to see if there was anyone before i opened my door.

There was indeed, someone out the door. It was a girl, sitting in her yellow commodore, preparing to drive out to parking lot. Our eyes met in and instant. Feeling shy and suddenly overwhelmed by what was before my eyes, i forced a smile -not because i didnt want to smile at her, but for the sheer fact she was gorgeous as hell and i was nervous not to mention the fact i was also slightly stunned.

As quickly as it happened, both of us broke eye contact, as if she knew how i felt, - She looked down, away from me to end my sweet torment. At the corner of her lips, there was a tiny curve.

very Quickly, She turned her head to look at me once more, then just as fast, turned away and engaged her reverse gear. I waited for the nose of her car to pass by my door before i opened mine own door.

I stood out from my car, and still, couldnt help but look at her. From this point i could see that she was wearing a black spring dress littered with green, curling rose veins and rose petals, it had a wide-round collar and her sleeves were slightly flared and folded.

Her dress was beautiful, but her face and more importantly, that smile, albeit small, was enough to trump anything and everything else.

I could hear the dog-teeth in her gearbox disengage and re-engage as she moves the stick from reverse to first.

Before gently pushing her foot down at the pedal, she looked at me once more, this time, for the last time.

Realizing my gaze was still helplessly fixed on her, she smiled at me with great thanks and appreciation -which was appropriate, for my gaze could mean nothing else than "You're so beautiful".

I stood by my car, looking at her car's V6 engine grunting its way around the roundabout. although under the full rays of the Spring Sun, it felt as if the day was getting darker and darker, as that Yellow Commodore slowly but surely drove away...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home