Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Bird of Prey

I was perched on a hollow branch
Poised in a first-flight stance,
I shuffled my talonous feet, From side to side,
Then poked my feathers with a mangled beak.

Daybreak dawned on my bright white feathers,
-A sight I welcomed hither.
It was a symbol of time benign,
It was more than a mere awakening sign.

It was a time of The Dawning Light,
It was the time for my maiden flight
I was either the righteous Might,
Or damned to be the hellish Kite.

Either way I am depicted,
One title would mean the other I’m evicted
No matter if I hunt by night or day
I am still a Bird of Prey.

It would seem I’ve left the branch -my home,
But now its the sky I roam.
Closer to the Sun my wings have brought me to
Further from my lair my Odyssey flew.

New sights and scents and feeling and breadth
New sensations like life and age and death
No matter where the winds bring my mane,
Memory of my land shall not wane.

For some,
This is the dawn to the ending of all dusks
-The end of all that rusts.

For some,
This is a time where the end is nigh
But rest assured, I shant forget what I’ve left behind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home